Easy step by step directions to fix a hole in a wall from Martha Stewart.com
- Adhesive mesh tape
- Spackle knife
- Premixed all-purpose joint compound
- Mesh sandpaper
- Damp rag
- Pick off any loose paint or drywall around the hole with your fingers.
- Cut and place a patch of adhesive mesh tape to cover the hole.
- With a spackle knife, apply a thin coat of premixed all-purpose joint compound, covering a generous area around the tape.
- Let dry for a couple of hours.
- Sand with mesh sandpaper.
- Wipe down with a damp rag.
- Reapply, if necessary.
- Prime area before painting.